Your home is your sanctuary, it’s the place you rest, spend time with family and keep your most prized possessions. Here’s a few tips to keep your home secure.
- Locks on doors and windows are a proven method of increasing your home’s security. Homes with good locks are less likely to be burglarized. Deadbolt Locks are most commonly recommended for exterior doors.
- Do not forget to secure your garage or backyard doors as well
- Windows should be protected by two bolt locks unless the window already has a multi-point locking system
- If you recently moved in to a new home, condo or apartment replace or rekey all exterior door locks
- Sign up for your local neighborhood watch
- Insurance companies are interested in minimizing claims, and most are willing to give a discount for home security systems maintained by a monitoring company.